Up the river
Here is some of the history posts I have written in the last week at The Rhine River:
- Popular resistance in Larzac and its connections to decolonization and regionalism in France.
- The meaning of Karl Freiherr vom Stein's reforms to German nationalism and to the Rhineland.
- The history of congresses and congress cities as the manifestation of political centrality in Europe.
- Ethnologist Bronislaw Malinowski's sexualization of his research subjects.
- My response to Richard Posner's assertion that Hitler would have been overthrown if the remilitarization of the Rhineland had been opposed.